Work packages & Working Groups
The overall aims of the CHICOS project will be achieved through 6 work packages (WP).
Work Package 1
Description of mother-child cohorts and registries in Europe (WP Leader: Anne-Marie Nybo Andersen), to create an overview of European mother-child cohorts and registries with data on child health, including a searchable web-based database.
Work Package 2
Research priorities for childhood diseases (WP Leader: Camilla Stoltenberg), to evaluate existing information on child health outcomes from mother-child cohorts, to evaluate links in routine registries, to identify gaps in knowledge, and to make recommendations for research action at European level for the next 15 years.
- Perinatal outcomes. WG Leader: Camilla Stoltenberg
- Respiratory health: Liesbeth Duijts
- Obesity, and vascular and metabolic health: Debby Lawlor
- Neuro-cognitive and behavioural development: Jordi Sunyer
- Accidents and injuries: Martine Vrijheid
- Infectious diseases: Camilla Stoltenberg
- Childhood cancer: Manolis Kogevinas
Work Package 3
Research priorities for child health determinants (WP Leader: Vincent Jaddoe), to evaluate existing information on major child health determinants and on determinant-outcome relationships from mother-child cohorts, to evaluate links to routine registries, to identify gaps in knowledge, and to develop recommendations for research action at European level for the next 15 years.
- Social and cultural conditions: Hein Raat
- Nutrition and physical activity: Leda Chatzi
- Life-style and substance exposures: Per Magnus
- Other environmental exposures incl ETS: Mark Nieuwenhuijsen
- Biological and genetic factors: Vincent Jaddoe
- Multiple determinants, health impact assessment: Martine Vrijheid/Mark Nieuwenhuijsen
Work Package 4
Improving the contribution of mother-child cohorts to European child health policy (WP Leader: Patricia Lucas), to develop recommendations improving the contribution of mother-child cohort research to policy at the European level.
Work Package 5
Dissemination and workshop organization (WP Leader: Franco Merletti), to ensure efficient communication within the project as well as with stakeholders outside the project (scientists, public health community, policy makers, general public) in order to raise awareness about the ongoing project as well as its results at all levels.
Work Package 6
Management (WP Leader: Martine Vrijheid), to manage the overall project.